Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Birthday Party Time

The ladies! L-R Lena, Kristine, Sally and Sarah

After I facepainted the kids...it was our turn!
Taking the kids for a wagon ride...burning off my lunch!


Jalil and Seth...best buddies!
Painting Adelle's face


This past Saturday, I went to Entebbe in the afternoon for Seth's 4th birthday. Friends of mine, Mark and Sarah Williams from Abbotsford, are serving here in Uganda with the African Children's Choir, and I flew home to Uganda with them 6 weeks back. It was great to get together with them again along with a few other friends, as they are in Entebbe and myself in Lubowa, to far a distance to see eachother often, except for special occasions like Seth's Birthday!

We had a great time, roasting sausages on the fire, rolled in Chapati for lunch, later having a homemade chocolate cake, the kids going for a swim after playin in the yard and ending the day with opening gifts and an Easter Egg Hunt!

It's always great to spend time with my Canadian friends here in Uganda, as we are a minority. Europe, the UK and America is all you hear about over here. If someone asks you where you are from and your reply with 'Canada', they are so shocked! As I walk down the streets, almost daily i'm called 'Muzungu' meaning white person, or 'American'. Well both are true, as i do have American blood, but I wasn't born there, so I'm still Canadian~! it's amazing how you stand up for your country more when you aren't in it...for real!









No comments:

Post a Comment