Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Handpicked by God

Our countdown is on, and in 10 days i'll be a married woman! A friend messaged me today asking if i've butterflies, but to be completely honest, I've never been more certain in my life that this is the man I am to marry! I was encouraged by a movie I watched this evening, and a phrase in it that a grandfather tells his grand daughters friend, who is dying of brain cancer, that he was handpicked by God. It encouraged me, knowing that each of us are handpicked by God, all of us playing different roles in this large world yet all serving the One true God! How special it is, to have been handpicked by God to serve here in Uganda, though since our wedding is next week, the last few weeks I've not been in ministry as usual, as I've been focused on planning a wedding in a 'foreign' country...a whole new experience on it's own!
I'm so thankful to God for all He's done in my life. It's nearly a year ago that I had a serious accident, after some glass canning jars shattered in my hands, slicing the tendon of my right thumb. After that, God really tested me, was I going to trust Him that He was calling me to Uganda?? Sure enough, it was His plan and here I am. Almost a year later and about to be married.
I was handpicked by God to serve in Uganda, and God handpicked Trophimus to be my husband...what a joy it is, when God is steering our lives!
I'm reminded of God's faithfulness to His people, when He was bringing them out of Egypt. He promised He would bring them to the Promised Land, a land flowing with milk and honey. It took 40 years, and God fulfilled His perfect plan! How wonderful it is; serving a God who's plans are always brought to fruition in their perfect timing!
Yesterday as Trophimus & I sat down to go through our wedding budgetting, problem solving about how we would get the remaining money to cover our wedding costs, Trophi encouraged me, that God has provided for me over the last year in so many miraculous ways, that surely it is His plan for us to marry and our only obligation is to trust and obey. Sometimes the trusting part is a challenge for me; a very big one. So I kindly ask of you dear family and friends to be praying for us through the next 2 weeks, as we wrap up all wedding stuff and as the days arrive; that God's plan is perfected just as it's supposed to be.
Please be praying with us that we would keep our eyes on God, trust Him alone, not man, not money and to be strong, faithful and good stewards of what He has blessed us with. Join us on the 19th in prayer as we say our vows at the Marriage Registry in Kampala, and please also be praying for my family, especially Mom & Dad who are not able to join us for our special day, due to Mom's health.
Heartfelt thanks to you all for your continued support, love and prayers, we both appreciate it greatly. Richest blessings...we'll try to keep in touch as the wedding comes closer, and we'll keep you posted on pictures of the wedding!! We love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment