Thursday, November 3, 2011

Amari Uganda

The boy above receiving 'new' clothes as his others were infected severely with lice.
The old clothes were burnt and the new happily worn!
Below, is hygiene, where each week the boys must bathe and wash their clothes. 
We buy soap and have a basin that is used, and whether the boys like it or not, bathing isn't an option!
This past week was a very transitional one. I have been on leave from Calvary Chapel Kampala, after stepping down from Administration just before our wedding, to pursue street kids ministry. And after some time on leave and transitioning I am once again in street kids ministry!
Wednesday I linked up with some friends of Trophi and I that are ex-street kids, now adults and with a huge heart to touch the little street children of whom they were years ago. I will be joining them for outreach in different slums on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well as going to our drop-in center on Thursdays, and than in the other time, meeting to see how we can grow the organization; Amari Uganda. There isn't yet a website for them as they are new, but if you have facebook, check them out!!
I'm so blessed and encouraged to once again hop right on in and touch many little hearts!!

Please continue to pray with us as we reach out to these children in so many different ways; mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally; as well as for our financial situation of Amari Uganda. For now, it is funded strictly on donations of family and friends, but as time goes on, we look forward to making use of the gifts God has blessed us with, and the children will be making necklaces to sell in Canada when we travel there and wherever as people are interested!
Thankyou for your continued love, prayers and support, we are so blessed to have you here with us in this way! A blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment