Throughout April, Trophi and I worked on collecting all the documentation needed to apply for a visitor visa to Canada, so we could make the trip to see our family and friends there. Once all documents were collected, we made a visit to the Consulate in town, and they expedited our documents to the High Commission of Canada in Nairobi. Promptly 2 weeks later, we received a call from the Consulate, to come pick up our documents the next day, it had arrived!!
However as we visited the Consulate the next day, and I quickly looked through Trophi's Passport...there was no visa sticker...so than I pulled out sheet of paper, with the official news that the Visa had been denied.
Yes, that day was not a very good one for me; I had my heart set on seeing family and friends but God had other plans, wait... Later that night though, as we talked about it, God gave me an overwhelming peace about the situation and than and there I knew that as we had committed our plans to the Lord, it was Him who was directing our footsteps and those footsteps were not headed for Canada yet.
Since the Visa has been denied, dear family and friends in Canada, when God allows us to visit you, I am convinced it will be in the perfect timing and an even more special visit, but for now...don't forget you are always welcome to come see us out here! Life tends to get busy and often we forget about each-other across the world, but one can never travel too far to see the other!!
Thank you all for your prayers as we went through the Visa process, and for committing us all to the Lord and His perfect planning, we eagerly look forward to what He has planned for us to do here instead of being in Canada!! God bless you all!
Oh, no, that is so too bad that things don't look too great on Trophi's visa :( was sure looking forward to seeing you guys! Hopefully in time we can meet again....take care, and hope everything else is going good for you guys
ReplyDeletexx