Over the last few months, with Mom and I working on a few sewing projects with some of
the Ugandan material we brought back; I've been saving the scraps, and cutting them into
squares to eventually produce the bedspread you now see! After gathering enough pieces,
I enjoyed laying them out and seeing what kind of pattern we could create, as some materials
had more pieces than others!! After finding the 'perfect backing' for the bedspread this week,
eager to finish it before baby arrives,
I plugged away on it when I had some energy. This morning, all that was remaining,
was ironing the sides and doing a decorative top-stitch to finish it up nicely!!
Ta-daa!!! This 80x55inch Single Sz Bedspread is complete and on our list of items to sell
and raise funds for our ministry. It is a lovely combo of browns/blues & greens with a few
bright and cheerful reds & oranges!
If you like it and are interested in purchasing it, please email me at lenaodie@gmail.com,
and we can negotiate. Our first asking price is $70, but we are open to offers!!
Should you need a larger sized bedspread, we also have a Queen sz for you to check out on our list
of items to sell...just go to the main blog page and you'll see the tab across the top!!
No comments:
Post a Comment