Wednesday, June 17, 2009

another update

What can I say, other than to give God all the glory and honour? Today was a day that didn’t start off ‘right’. I slept in first of all- something I do not enjoy doing, as it wasn’t a planned event!! I woke up to my phone ringing- not from my alarm to get up, but to a conference call with Willie, my MAF coach, calling me for my weekly call to see how my past week had gone, and what my goals are for this coming week.
Well, I realized while talking to Willie, that Paula, my dear friend up in Ryder Lake was waiting for me to show up for our morning wake-up walk- but, Lena never showed up. I was able to take her call while on the phone with Willie, and instead of our morning walk that I was late for, we went to Costco instead- what a way to get out of walking (we still did walk, but not our usual gruelling trek, it was up and down the Costco Isles! So, my morning had gone completely against the grain- oops, Lena is thinking what a mess of a day that was well thought out!
I met at 1:30 for an appointment that went well, and to be completely honest, with a minor disappointment, but I was not able to reflect too much on the disappointment of it, as I was scurrying off to my next appointment, as the first one went a bit overtime. The second appt, also went well, and also lasted a while, yet was a very pleasant time. From the two appointments, I drove by Mom and Dad’s for a quick ‘Hello’ and there was a stack of mail waiting- fairly unusual, so a pleasant surprise—there were bills there!!
No I’m kidding, I wasn’t that excited to see a few bills, they visit more often, though their visits have worn out the welcome, yet will not stop coming, odd eh? There were 2 envelopes with pledges, and wow, what a surprise that was, so, I was on a ‘high’ & so thankful for such a great day. Well, that wasn’t all, after heading to Decades to finally get down to the computer part of the day, I had a welcoming email from an extended family member, asking about my testimony, and looking for info to send their pledge to- I could have leapt for joy, the Lord had sent so many encouragements that day, and then saved the best for last, from another believing family member, I couldn’t have imagined such a great day- Praise to the Lord from whom all blessings flow!
I was also very excited to be in contact with Dan, a friend that has become very dear to me. While in Ontario for Candidacy Training and Orientation, it was Dan and Sean, two other single guys also attending the training that I spent most time with. What an encouragement they were, and we spent many hours together doing homework, learning about each other’s lives, fellowshipping on what the Lord has done in our lives, and oh, the memories go on- my pictures speak volumes! Anyway, back to being in contact with Dan, I had facebook open and though it was minimized, I just randomly would check to see if there was anyone to chat with while working. Well Dan was on- and I was excited to chat with him, but decided it would simply be easier to phone him, yay, that was great, and we had a very enjoyable many conversations. But now, here I am still sitting up, and its past 2am- yet, I’ve been so much enjoying this time in the evening to sit and work on spreadsheets, contact information and such, this is the latest I’ve been up. To finish up the day, I was open to my Online Bible as well, and while going through it and the many features it has, I found that I’m able to listen to hymns as I type- yay, what an amazing day!
Well, tomorrow or today rather is planned, and I must not sleep in, that simply wouldn’t be good, so off to bed I am, as I have a big day today- in a few hours.
Till next time, Blessings, Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment