Well, yesterday was a long day!
It started with a meeting with Gerrit and Klazina, and from there....the day went down hill! Saturday I was having my hair plated again, and sat for about 6 hours, nothing unusual when having your hair done, especially Mzungu hair. So anyway, I had gone to bed and ended up every hour, my back was in so much pain. Several times I woke up with a fever and that started me worrying...oops..what now? At 2am, I finally sent an SMS to our Worship Leader for Choir, as we planned to meet at 7am for practice on Sunday, but I was in no shape to go anywhere!
I made it through the night and than chose to go to first service as the Lincoln's, the MAF family who's compound I live on, go to that service and I'd have a ride. So, though I didn't feel up to it, but was needing the spiritual nourishment, I went, coming home afterwards to rest and sleep. I was not well, having a fever, and many other no-fun things~!!
So, since going to the Dr, I found out that no, I never had Malaria to begin with-- a good thing! However, I have a severa Bacteria Infection that has been building up since. I am now in medication from the Dr, and it's helped a bit so far, though I still feel simply gross!
Praise God for making all things well, and for this time of me being ill, to draw me closer to Him.
I appreciate all your prayers, emails, and facebook messages, it's been a real encouragment!
Other than being sick, well, I suppose nothing new has happened lately...sorry! That is the latest!
Hi Lena!
ReplyDeleteYou are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that the Lord with strengthen you and encourage you and bless you as you continue to serve Him wherever you are.
Everyone here is doing well. Today I went with Brent and Charlene down the Vedder River and we handed out gospel tracks to the people passing by. We were able to have a couple conversations with people to. It is so encouraging to do the Lord's work, I'm sure you feel the same. I love and miss you lots and hope to hear from you soon!
Hugs and Smiles, Rachel Champ :)
Hey girl! We're praying that God will heal you and strengthen you so you can get back to serving again. We miss you at bible study. As time goes on, less and less people are showing up. Usually Smiths, Thompsons, us and Angela Hinton are the only regulares. Starting to wonder if it is still worth doing, but we'll see what God has planned for it. You are often in our thoughts and prayers, miss you and take care of yourself you hear?!
ReplyDelete