It's been great being back here in BC, but as I might have thought before coming back, I'll be able to relax a bit, as before leaving Uganda, I was busy up until the night I left; not prepared for coming this way, and now as I reflect on the past month, I see I've landed running....hmm, I wonder if once I head back home to Uganda in a few months if I'll finally be able to slow down! I guess time will tell! I am thankful for the energy God gives me everyday... yes, His mercies are indeed new EVERY morning.
As I think of the new mercies every morning, it brings me back to last year this time. I was working on Raising Support to go to Uganda, finishing up packing my house, and all the last minute details. While going through that, Proverbs 3:5-6 was the theme verses; " Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Well, it seems that the theme verse of this years time back in BC, is from Lamentations 3:21-23 " This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The Lords lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness."
Yes, God has been so good to me, giving me new hopes and humbling me each and every day. Somedays I wake up missing Uganda, it sends me into tears... I miss all my friends, the people, the potholes in the streets, the kids on the streets, the smells, the markets, the local food, God's word so boldly and openly preached and Christianity not a thing to be ashamed about, everything. But at the same time, I am thoroughly enjoying my time here in BC, my family, friends, the mountains, and finishing up things so I can head back to Uganda! I think some days I left my heart there.... Wierd eh!
Well, It is my continual prayer that I can sell my house/ trailer, and car soon, and as God has been working in the lives of my supporters, I am humbled yet so excited to say that of the necessary monthly support needing to be raised, God has provided 40% already! What a blessing it is, and I look forward to raising the rest; yes God's mercies are new EVERY morning!
Thankyou Lord, for the hope You've given me, the friends, the prayers, words of encouragement, hopes and everything! What a blessing to have a God like ours to serve, Thankyou Lord~
No comments:
Post a Comment