Last week, about 6 weeks after my birthday, I received a notice in the mail that I had a 'large parcel' to pickup. Not able to contain my excitement, I rushed out of work to the post office, a mere 5 minutes walk. Arriving there, I read the slip...oops, I had forgotten Photo ID. Smart move! Calling back to church, and asking a friend to bring my ID down, so I wouldn't have to climb the 4 floors of stairs, I rushed to meet him. Grabbing the ID, I turned around, rushing back...so excited to finally get some mail!!
As the Post Office attendant went to pick up the parcel, she returned and I couldn't wait to open it; it was chocolate from Canada, from a good friend in Alberta, it had finally arrived!! Now...was it melted or not? The package was too hard to open, I had to wait until I got back to church!
As I got there, everyone was asking if it was candy...I was cautious to answer...I didn't really want to share, I wanted to treasure it, and make it last. As I opened it and saw it was a massive chocolate bar! I carefully sliced slivers of it to share...wanting to take it home and protect it!
How silly, eh, to want to protect a chocolate bar, all 300grams of it! Well...thats because there is no good chocolate here in Uganda, and the chocolate I had brought with me was nearly gone...this had to last a while, it was a SWEET gift!! Now, i'm hoping, the ants and cockroaches don't find it, than it for sure won't last, they'd finish it in a day it's so tasty!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment