Well, so we found out that when you fumigate your house to kill the cockroaches and ants living in the walls; you can’t spend the night there. Trophi and I slept in our house that night, and were up a lot, coughing and busy getting sick. We slept with the windows open but still couldn’t sleep well. Over the next few days both of us were coughing, and not feeling well. Thankfully I had a stash of Buckley’s Cough syrup that I’d taken back from Canada, though we’ve used it all up now, it helped Trophi and my cough for a few days…than I had a hard time breathing, each day becoming harder. So I resorted to my Inhaler, however when I woke Saturday night not being able to breath, panic set in. I woke Trophi and we set for the hospital realizing that the Buckley’s wasn’t helping me as much as it was Trophi.
Since we live along Entebbe Rd, we were able to walk to a nearby Clinic/small hospital that is open 24/7. I could hardly breathe at that point and there were no Boda’s around to give me a lift, so we had to walk. Though it’s not 200 meters from our house, it took some time to get there, I had to stop every few steps to try catch my breath. By the time we reached the hospital, as it was early in the morning we were helped immediately and the nurse thought I was having an Asthma attack, so in to see the Dr. we went. After listening to my lungs he told me that the fumigation had done it all right, and off I was for an IV, and steroid needles to reduce the swelling inside my lungs, restricting my breathing. Five hours later the IV finished, and I could breathe a bit better, but not very well. From the IV I went to a Nebulizer, breathing in Ventalin through a mask for 30 minute periods over the next 3 hours. By the time evening came around I was feeling much better, so thankful to be able to breath once again, though the Dr. was so kind to tell me that I had Pneumonia set in my right lung, though the left lung had nicely cleared. So…now I’m on a stack of medicine for the next week.
Lesson learnt, when you fumigate, go spend the night elsewhere!
As I struggled to breathe, I remembered Mom, who struggles to breath day in and day out, suffering from a breathing problem…please pray for her when you think of me. Mom went from a fulltime Licensed Practical Nurse to no work for now 2 years, having fallen sick with this breathing illness, she continues to go for treatment= a needle into her throat once a month to hopefully make breathing easier. Mom, a strong woman, refuses to allow this to get her down and works as much as she is possible though it’s been a long hard struggle since falling ill.
So sorry to hear about your sickness! We'll be praying for a full recovery and no further breathing troubles. Heath's also discovered that asthma and tear gas are a bad combo, just in case you ever come across that. :-) Love Mariko
ReplyDeleteyes...i've had that a few times this year too..sorry about that. know we think of you OFTEN...Greece is on our news almost daily. Keep safe please!! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete