This morning I had a practice photo shoot scheduled, and Trophi and I rushed off to do that, as it was about to rain. As we reached at our venue, the heavy rain clouds blew away, and we shot photo's for a few hours. As we finished, and I headed home, the rain clouds returned, heavier than before and threateningly lowering in the sky as I reached home, only to have to repack and rush to town.
Not 10 minutes after reaching home, I was rushing out the door once again, off to town. As I rushed to Entebbe Rd to get a taxi, I prayed to please reach a taxi before the clouds broke loose. Sure enough, Praise God! I was not seated for more than 2 minutes until huge rain drops began to drop like rain was going out of style! Within a few minutes rain was no longer rain that Canada knows, but torrential pouring, as drains overflowed, people ran for cover, being soaked literally within a few seconds. I sat in my seat thanking God for letting me get undercover before the rains came!
As we slowly reached town, having to drive slower as the rains were so heavy, the rain turned to hail, roads flooded over so when the taxi went through a pothole you bashed your head against the window, as the driver couldn't see the roads. It took a good 30 minutes for the rains to slow before we dared to exit the taxi and risk the rain!
I was caught in the rain, but in the way I preferred, and not becoming soaked!
However, as I left the taxi, heading to meet Trophi at church, that was another nightmare, town was chaotic as usual when it rains, and traffic was jammed everywhere. Taxi's were back to back, lined up in more lanes than one can imagine! As I tried to squish my way through the taxi's they decided to inch forward as you were in between them, nearly being squashed in between!
Walking up the last road to church, an elderly man tapped me on the shoulder, 'Madam, your bag is open, be careful, people are bad out there!' and thankfully nothing had been stolen. Some thief had unzipped one of the pockets on the laptop bag I was carrying and there were only cables inside, so I was grateful once again for God's protection, but a little shaken all the same with the rush, nearly having our laptop picked, and than the chaos of organization in town.
Those are the days, you really pray for a vehicle, so as to eliminate using public transport and all the unsafe situations that go along with them!
All in all, it's been a good day, minus that experience, so Praise God!
Have a blessed weekend! And one prayer request: Trophi and I have our Spirit Event Scheduled for next week. God has continued to open doors and we are so thankful for that great blessing. As the event comes closer, we kindly ask for your prayers for the final arrangements, financially, the musicians as they continue to practice and in the hearts of all who will attend, that they have a true worship experience, an event to remember, and all glory going to God for His amazing grace!
No comments:
Post a Comment