Wednesday, February 15, 2012

RAIN!

Last Friday as Grace and I worked to clean the house and do laundry, large grey luminous clouds rolled in overhead. After 2 hours of intense winds and debating whether to keep the clothes on the line or not, I decided I didn't want to come home to dirty laundry on the ground, and in we hauled the clothes. As we left for town, in a taxi sprinkles started to come...rain, for the first time since December!!
I had mixed feelings about the rain, afraid we'd come home to be flooded out, but also wanting rain to come and settle the dust after nearly 2 months of no rain!
Sure enough, as I returned home hours later, the sun out and beating down again, I asked our neighbor about the rain and it had poured! It was enough to settle the dust for the rest of that day, and that was exciting, but now the sun, heat and dust are back!
Please be praying for those areas where the dry season is affecting crops, keeping in mind, we haven't had rain in nearly 2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment