Meet Grace, Eron & Prossy (L-R)
Esther doing her work on the floor~ she's happy and working hard, so why not be comfy?!
Meet Grace (11), Prossy (10), Esther (9) & Eron (8). The for girls have been under my tutelage since the beginning of September and we've been working hard on their homeschooling. Tomi, a friend of mine contacted me and asked if I'd be able to help her out for a few months trying to get the girls to all complete their grade in school, and after some hesitation, having not home schooled in a long time, I accepted. I was hesitant as it had been 2 years since teaching the Pap children on my first assignment in Uganda. I enjoyed it, but didn't think I'd do it again!!
Well, I'm 3 weeks from finishing up with the girls and have been so blessed by each of them. When I arrive in the mornings (3 days a week), they are eager~ EVERY day, and the most dedicated students I've ever worked with. Most days when I arrive, they have already been working on their schooling and sometimes have pretty much completed their day's work!
Grace comes to the classroom quiet, focused and doing her best. She is such a joy, her work is always very neat, very thoroughly done and you can even forget she's at the table, she is so quiet!
Prossy is a bubbly girl who when working on school also is quietly concentrating, working hard to get her subjects complete! Prossy is a very gifted girl and seems to never need help, she just whizzes through it all!!
Esther has a big bright smile and is a real treasure to work with. Being an ADD child, I spend alot of 1 on 1 time with her, trying to keep her focused and explaining her work to her. Esther often is working hard to finish first, and is such a bright child!
Eron, the youngest chatters to herself as she works and her eraser 'Zucchini' is always near her to erase small mistakes. Eron is a very hardworking girl, and when I started with her, she had 6 subjects while the other girls had 4 and 5. Eron has continued to work very hard to finish those 2 books and is now down to 4 subjects, yet her pace is the same...hardworking, diligent and energetic!
It's such a joy to work with the girls, they have a really heavy load of school to do, as my goal set by Tomi, the girls' mom was to have the girls each finish their grade...and they were only about 1/4 into it. I had 2 months to push on them a heavy workload and homework load and now we are about 1/2-3/4 of the way through their work and they've never once been negative about it or complained on all the work they have to do. I'm so encouraged to see them, a bunch of school-aholics, eager to work and never becoming frustrated or tired of their work!!!
I'll miss working with them when I head to Canada in 4 weeks, but it's been such a blessing working with them! It is a privilege and I have to say I've thoroughly enjoyed working with each of them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment