Friday, November 13, 2009

Another week passed

Gazing through the telescope at Jupiter
Jupiter and 4 of its moonsWell, here we are in the middle of November already.
This week has gone by, as all do, and it seemed to be the slowest week yet. Not sure why, but that is just what it felt like! As usual I taught all week and than after teaching I spent some time with friends, at Bible Study Wed. night, and than tomorrow and Sunday on worship team at church.
I am pretty excited that I have a long weekend, as I have Monday off. So, I am hoping to fit in as much as I can, including spending some time at our hangar in Kajjansi on Monday and than a visit to a large greenhouse close to our hangar. This greenhouse I had seen on the way to Kajjansi one day and, hmm, for those of you who know me and greenhouses, yes, we get along well! ;) So, i'll try to find out some info yet today, and otherwise I am just going to try drop in and see if i can have a tour!! I am very excited, it's been along time since I've stepped in a greenhouse, and now one in AFRICA!!!
I do have to say though, the long stemmed roses are the most beautiful I've seen, moreso than the Canadian ones. They last much longer as well, and yes, they are so amazing!!
So, Monday I am hoping to make a few sightseeing excursions, and than back to teaching Tuesday through Thursday. Friday we hope to go with a few other Homeschool families to a Clay Factory, where bricks for roofing, building houses and clay pots are made. As well as the trip to Kajjansi Clay Factory, as MAF Uganda on a whole, we have fellowship day.
So, after the trip I will be heading over to the place where all our MAF people are and will spend the rest of the day with them, relaxing, and fellowshipping together.
For now, I am heading home to make dinner and than relaxing at home!
Blessings and love from Africa!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lena; Jerry and Mary here from Rosedale. It would seem you are settling in well and enjoying the experience. We send you love and God's blessings. Keep up the good work.

    Jerry.....

    ReplyDelete