Thursday, January 21, 2010

Makindye Hill

A view of Lake Victoria frome Makindye Hill, looking towards Munyonyo
A view of Kampala, so much more beautiful in real!

These boys are teaching the girl how to ride a bicycle!! It was cute to watch them!

The dust covering everything...dry season is a coming!

A peek at the Stage

On Tuesday after I finished teaching, I felt like hiking. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day in Uganda. I left with my camera, some water and time to go to the top of our Hill, Makindye Hill. I began the climb up the hill, and at many times it overlooks huge areas of Kampala. The view is breathtaking! I along with my camera had great times alongt the way, I was amazed over and over again at the beauty of this country, and how God has created all things so wonderful! About 40 minutes later, and having taken my time going up, I reached a point where I thought I was at the highest part of the hill. The view took my breath away, it was so amazing. The sun was shining, a gently breeze blowing a clear view from Entebbe straight across the hills to downtown Kampala. I cannot describe to you enough of how beautiful it was! I was so excited, and than I saw a part where I could climb higher...so yes, I did just that. Wow! There was a small mud hut settlement of witch doctors, and they lived on the very top of the hill. As I climbed that last bit, I saw to young men sitting eating some leaves, and went to talk with them. I was so excited, and amazed, that they must have thought I really truly was some crazy Mzungu! Thats ok, though. We had a great conversation and they allowed me to take pictures of their homes, and how they live up there. They were really kind, and friendly. As we spoke, the younger one, Godfrey told me that this was King's land, and that every once in a while the King came to visit them up there; and the land was considered Sacred ground by the King. Hmm, it felt pretty cool to be standing on King's ground on the top of our Beautiful Makindye Hill!!





I spent a while up there, in awe of all. As I left and headed home, I felt I was on a high and could have floated home. I had made my goal of climbing to the highest part of our hill, and than to have seen this special settlement and the view!!!! It was not a long walk home and after arriving about 20 minutes later, I felt I could have done it again, but with a renewed excitement to have to explore more of our hill on the next beautiful day!!





God is truly an amazing God!!






No comments:

Post a Comment