Yesterday January 26th was a fabulous day. I was able to sleep in, and than wash some laundry, go visit a friend and get ready to go to the Zoo. At about 4pm we met in town at Antonio's and headed to the bus for our ride. Crammed in the back with no leg room, the fun began. Camera's came out and OUCH! yes, the fun was in full swing!
After our ride to Entebbe, and our 'guide' Robbert thought we were close enough to get out, we did. Well, we really could have rode another 10 minutes or so, but it was sunny, and we were having fun, so it wasn't a big deal! While walking, we came upon this monkey (I'll have to post pictures another day, my camera wasn't used for it!) and I started feeding it Chips...this crazy thing kept chowing down on them and was so friendly! Henk, I finally met your other brother!
We continued on our way after the monkey got sick of eating chips and went looking for someone else! As we were at the entrance, my 3 Ugandan friends and I were ready to pay, and I saw that what... they had to pay 5,000 UGS, and I 20,000 as I was a non-ugandan! I couldn't believe it, but well, Robbert tried to convince the guy that yes, i'm Ugandan, and well, he wasn't colorblind or gullible, so yes, I paid the money and on we went!
Well, I cannot even describe how much fun we had, you've all just simply missed out! To make a long story short, we had a great time, lotsa laughs, and by the time we got home, poor Ruth and I were so sore from laughing, the guys should be thankful they sat in the front of the Matatu!
No comments:
Post a Comment