Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Back to the Green Thumb!

Lido Beach, Entebbe... The Sun was setting, clouds were rolling in and out,
but we never got rained out, Kampala got the huge storm!!
Good times!!

Poor Fishy...mmm, he was sure good though!!


Well, another weekend, full of great memories is past, now future...

Time doesn't fail to pass quickly, it's here for but a moment and gone the next!

As February ended and March has arrived, so the rains seem to have slowed and the sun is visiting more often again...hopefully that will help situations in other areas of Uganda where mudslides have caused many deaths and tragedy among the Ugandans. The newspapers have been filled with stories, obituaries and what of those mourning the losses of loved ones, unsure if they are still alive and trapped beneath the mud, or if the bodies have been recovered and the person is deceased, its so sad. Yet we rejoice in God's goodness that it wasn't worse!
This past Saturday after worship practice at church, I went with 2 friends out to Entebbe and spend the evening at one of the many beaches along Lake Victoria. The water was beautiful, so nice and warm, and the beach had such amazing sand, so soft...it was gorgeous!! We had so much fun, wading in the water, hanging out on the beach and just enjoying the fellowship! We were later joined by another friend and than enjoined a great meal of Tilapia and Chips, it was fabulous! Upon returning back to Kampala, as we walked along the road up to the stage to get a taxi, it was quite the walk, it was late and dark out, but still, so enjoyable! This truck came along and we were able to get a ride in the back, up to a gas station where we than took a taxi back to Kampala...altogether what a great day!! Praising God through Worship in Song during Choir Practice and than again enjoying the evening and praising Him through His wonderful and most beautiful creation!
Sunday was another great day, my favourite day of the week! Worship at Church was amazing and the singing was so great, it was such as the Holy Spirit was among us! How much better can it be, when we sing our hearts out for God, the Author and Perfecter of all things, the Great I AM, the Holy One! After worship, I relaxed at home, resting.
Monday was Women's Day, a national holiday, so it also meant no teaching, but a long weekend! That was great, I was able to sleep in...a nice treat! After hanging around at home all morning, cooking beans in my PJ's, something I haven't yet cooked, I did some ironing, chatted with a good friend on the phone, encouraging one another, and than I headed over to a MAF friend, Malaina's house. We were going to head out to the Kisubi Tombs, a tourist attraction, but huge rain clouds were rolling in rather swiftly, so we just hung out at her home, deciding instead to go for coffee and watch the movie; 'Invictus' in Garden City that night! It was a real treat, and though Garden City isn't a favourite place of mine, we did really enjoy our time out, making the best of it and not arriving home until very late!
What a great weekend though!
So, today was back to teaching, and another great day with the kids, I sure will miss them, thier smiles, personalities, comments, and everything! Some time during the day, Josiah asked me when I was going to trim the trees outside, and as I had no other plans for this afternoon, I told him I could do it today! He was so excited, we worked really hard to finish his schooling and than we went outside together! I was excited too, i hadn't done real 'physical' work since the greenhouse and well, that was last May...nearly a year ago...too sad! So, I started at trimming the shrubs, a huge job that will take several days, but I was having a great time, swinging the Panga, and getting my hands in there! As I write this now, they are all stained again, and getting rough from the branches and what. It's a great feeling and has made my day, my passion still lies in that Greenhouse over the sea, though God has brought me here, I'll never forget all the memories that the Greenhouse holds!
Another bit of exciting news...in the beginning of June, I am hoping to take a bus to Mombasa, the coast of the Indian Ocean in Kenya. I will be going with 5 other friends the Lord willing and am really looking forward to it! I have been busy with teaching and church functions, and have loved both so very much, but this vacation will be amazing and very enjoyable, especially as my time here keeps ticking, and going Oh TOO fast!!

Please join me in prayer as I pray for opportunities to return here to Uganda. My heart is here and I am praying that I can come back. I love it here and it has become my home.




No comments:

Post a Comment