Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Vacation

Monday April 4, 2010

Sipi Falls Resort, Sipi, Kapchorwa
After Leaving Jinja at 3pm yesterday and arriving here in Sipi around 8pm, Malaina the kids and I all were exhausted; Luc had rode home with the Rogers from Kinfisher after falling ill. After visiting Calvary Chapel Jinja, and taking a Boda back to Kingfisher, I found an SMS that I had an extra week off. Though I was anticipating going back to work Tuesday, I quickly trid to make plans to travel. Malaina, a MAF whom I had gone to Jinja with commented that we could send Luc home and than head up to Sipi Falls on the base of Mt. Elgon and spend a few nights. All went well and here we are!
Today was a busy day! After a great breakfast of fresh fruit, toast and coffee- grown on this mtn, we prepared to hike the Falls! Sunscreen, water, camera's, extra clothes and off we were... Adelle riding on my shoulders, Jalil walking with Malaina as she carried the backpack and Julius our guide leading the way. AS we begun climbing; each view was breathtaking! Such Beauty! Who could not believe in God, our Creator, the One who formed and created each part of the world we live in, so perfect and flawless!
Halfway up, we branched off, taking a route behind the falls into a cave! WOW! There aren't enough words, photo's or video's to descrie the beauty, sounds, smells and amazing creation! Continuing up the mountain we were happy to arrive, taking in the view of the slopes, terraced fields and God's Wonders! Julius took us back down a different way, through small villages with many priceless children taking up the lead!
The children were exhausted by the time we got back to our Banda at the resort, it had been a very late night and the children were so very tired, it was hard for them to even settle down and take a nap!Malaina and I, though also very tired tried to relax with some tea and a few rounds of Uno. It was not long and we needed to leave for the village as Julius was going to take us on a Coffee tour, showing us how they grow coffee, harvest, roast and turn it into amazing tasty coffee!!Unfortunatley we ran out of time to roast coffee beans and had ordered our dinner as the children were hungry! All in all a fabulour day, I have so much to be thankful for! God's mercies are new every morning!
As I'm writing now, the kids are sound asleep, Malaina is in bed reading and I'm warming up with some tea--- its sooo cold up here!!! Tomorrow we hope to do a short walk to the bottom of one of the other Falls, and than head to Jinja where we will spend another night and Wednesday head home to Kampala. This Easter Vacation has been most enjoyable, memorable and special.

Thursday April 8th, 2010

Well, back in Kla I am! Tuesday night we tented in Jinja at the Kingfisher resort, and headed home yesterday. I think that yesterday was the best day of all, other than Saturday when I went rafting on the Nile. Wednesday was the most relaxing. After waking up to the kids' laughter, we ordered pancakes for breakfast, Malaina and the kids went swimming and I relaxed back at the tent, while taking it down and packing up the car. We than all swam for the rest of the morning, ate a light lunch and were on the road to Kampala by 2pm. Thankfully the traffic was good, and we arrived by 4:30 in Kampala! I than took a taxi to church for Bible Study, instead of going home, and rushing back into town for Bible Study.
It was great to go on Vacation, and to relax, but to be back again was just as good!
Today I baked Chocolate cupcakes with my friend Sarah, for her son Seth's Birthday, and than we made Peanut Brittle...hmm, too good! Now I am updating my blog and than I get to go home and unpack, do laundry and cook dinner!!
I hope to post some more pictures soon, however our sporatic Internet connections usually cut it off before it is uploaded!!

1 comment:

  1. I visited Sipi Falls while in Uganda as well... It was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete