Well, it's been a long time since writing, but my excuse is I've been so busy!
Since arriving home from Easter Vacation to Jinja and Sipi Falls; teaching has kept me busy as well as going through an interview at Heritage International School, practices at church for choir, Wednesday night Bible studies, writing letters to supporters, relaxing and spending time with friends. Yes, that pretty much sums it up!|
I had an Interview at Heritage School this past week, and I did not get the job, yet I praise God for His goodness and forgiving me the grace to accept that I will not be teaching there. I continue to pray for His will to be done in my life, as I search out other options to return, regardless if I return to Canada and then prepare to return, or If God opens a door while here that I might raise support and return sooner!
Thanks for all the support from my church family here at Calvary Chapel Kampala, the encouragement, shoulders to cry on, prayers and continued TLC! I will miss them so, yet am excited as I found a Calvary Chapel in Langley! That has given me such joy in my heart, as going home in 2 months, doesn't settle so well within me right now, but knowing there is a CC there, that I can visit, and know it's connected too CCK here, gives me great joy and comfort!
I am sitting at the ARA right now and Sarah Anne and Jonathan are recapping furlough trips back to Canada, and reminiscing first memories of moving to Uganda! It's fun to sit and listen to them chatting, laughing and having a good day! Josiah and Benjamin are in Tennis Lessons and hopefully enjoying them, as I hear them chatting with Godfrey, the Tennis Instructor.
Our school year is rushing to a fast close, too fast! I have 2 weeks of teaching and then the Pap's will be taking a vacation, also giving me a vacation, of which I haven't really thought what to do with my time; I've contemplated taking a bus to Kigali, the capital of Rwanda, and paying a visit to Queen Elizabeth National Park for a Safari, as well as spending some time at home, organizing my things and packing some stuff away. Than after they return from their vacation we have another 2 weeks of school and then we will be finished. I have planned to go to Kenya with a few friends for a small vacation after I finish teaching, and then arriving home again to prepare and head a Vacation Bible School for a week, and preparing to fly out the following week. I will be flying into London, spending the night there, flying out the following day to Toronto, Ontario where I will be spending 4 days and then flying home to BC!!
At this point of time, my heart is so much part of Uganda, I am not excited to leave, and I would just love to stay here for the rest of my life. Serious. But, I am leaving it in God's hands, trusting that His will is best, and praying for a door to open to return soon again. I know I have 2 months left before I leave, but it feels like those 2 months are but a week!
Well, I best drink my tea before it cools and then get ready to swim with the kids for a while before heading home to finish with the school day. Will try to be more diligent in the blogging again!!!
Take care and God bless! Love Lena
No comments:
Post a Comment