Friday, June 4, 2010

Leisure Saturday

Luc Malaina, Jalil and Adelle... the kids can never sit long enough for a picture!!

Well, it's near 10:am, I am still in my PJ's drinking my coffee, eating fresh pineapple for breakfast and relaxing! It's been a really busy week, but a good one! I shifted to friends of mine; Luc and Malaina, fellow MAFC recruits from Edmonton, AB. Luc and Malaina are serving with MAF as Engineer in the hangar at our airstrip in Kajjansi. They have 2 wonderful children, Jalil- 4 and Adelle- 2.
I needed to shift from my cottage that I was in as the UN moved out of Congo this week, and we have several families there, so if things become unstable they will need to be evacuated and the cottage is part of their housing here. So, I am now staying with the Levesque's till I leave on the 5th of July. I never realized how much I've accumulated until you have to pack it up.... ouch!! Well, my excuse for some of it is that I am hoping to return this year for a long term stay, and so I will be leaving some things here for that return; and other things I will be leaving behind, just because I don't need them and there is no point in hauling them back to Canada when others here can use them. So, that was part of it; the rest, yes, it's mine!
But it's ok, I'm shifted and sorting through my stuff!
Other than packing and shifting this week, I was helping 2 friends of mine that were heading to Nairobi for ministry to get ready, burning CD's, packing them and such. Teaching, it's been busy also, but good, we are now down to 1 week left, which for both the kids and myself is exciting; God has many things in store for all of us, as they are returning to the USA for orientation in prep for a program change to Indonesia after 11 years in Uganda; and myself, as I prepare for heading back to Canada in a month from today OUCH :( what a painful thought.... I don't like goodbyes, though I know that it truly isn't a goodbye, but a see you when I return! Praise God for that!
As I sit here updating you all, I am so thankful this down day; it's been so busy with helping the Pap's (the family I'm teaching) as they pack, and I finish up school things, working on preparing a Vacation Bible School for the last week of June, that I will be heading, and than shifting. It's great to just hang out, relax and count my many blessings, they are too many to number, God is so good.
This afternoon, I will be going over to friends, Mark and Sarah, also Canadians; from ABBOTSFORD!!! As we are having a surprise birthday party for Malaina, she had her birthday 1.5 weeks ago and they were away for a few days and among our business, we haven't had time to celebrate, so the time is tonight!!! Luc and Malaina will be coming over later to Mark and Sarah's for 'dinner' though Luc knows different, and after dinner, I arranged a sitter to watch the kids so we can have a games night!! Yes, us Canadian's are a bird of a feather, flocking together! These 2 couples, both with their 2 children are my dearest friends here in Uganda, as we all can relate, and help each other, praying, encouraging, and being there for each other. And, as we all live within a 5 minute walk of each other, it's fabulous!!
Well, what more to say, I should probably begin on getting some things done today, I was going to do some baking for Malaina, and I need to go over to Mark and Sarah's at 2:30, so it's time to get going.
Thanks again for keeping up to date with me and my life here in Uganda. Please continue to pray with me, as I meet with some Pastor's next week concerning returning to help in the church. I know God has great things in store and I am excited to find them out!
God bless you all,
Love Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment