Monday, June 28, 2010

My return to Uganda...

I hope this finds you well as summer approaches you Westerners!!
As this is my final week here in Uganda for a while, I am busy preparing to head off to the airport next week Monday am. I am directing a Vacation Bible School this week in the mornings from 9-11am for 57 students aged 3-11 years. Today was our first day and it went well, though Ugandans have a tendency to be late, we did get off to a late start and things were not as organized as I would have liked. All in all we had a great day, productive and fun!

In the afternoons I’m found at our MAF office prepping for the next day, and making quick goodbye visits to friends here and there. Tomorrow I hope to meet with some friends, also missionaries here with Calvary Chapel Kampala, from Chilliwack… yes, it’s a small world, and such a wonderful one!

From here on out, my schedule is so busy, I’ve had to turn down friends asking me to spend time with them. It seems the last week is so busy, I’m even wondering when I’ll find time to pack my things, even though I don’t have much to bring back as I am hoping to return in a few months for a long term stay.
When I return I am hoping to take on a few roles at Calvary Chapel Kampala; one as Operations Assistant, and another as Deputy Director of the Children’s Ministry. I am so thankful for this, as when praying about it, God had opened many doors, however they were a learning experience, as they soon closed and this one opened! Praise the Lord, I am returning to serve with Calvary Chapel Kampala! I encourage you to check out the website from CCK, and see for yourslef how God is working here in Kampala; as well as the wonderful bunch I will be returning to!
My flight out of Uganda leaves on Monday July 5th, from which I fly to London, spending a night there and flying out the next day to Toronto, ON. In Ontario I hope to go through debriefing with MAF, and finish up the contract I have with them. On the 10th I will be flying into Vancouver and arriving home home, as we say here in Uganda!!!
So; after arriving, I will be working on making rounds to my current supporters as a thankyou for this past year, as well as working on raising long term monthly support for my return here. The Lord willing I am hoping to return back to Uganda around October, however God's plans are best and my life is in His hands!
Thankyou all for your continued prayers, financial support, and emails, from the bottom of my heart, a HUGE thanks!
Love and blessings, and for those of you back home in BC, see you soon!!!
As much as I want to see you all at once, I think the first stop I will make is the nearest Tim Hortons drive thru!!!
And last but not least....Canada, yes I am remembering your Birthday this week, and will be celebrating that special day with my Canadian friends here!! So, Happy Early Birthday Canada, and all you Canadians back home... be patriotic for me, as it's hard to find maple leaf things here ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment