Friday, July 9, 2010

In Ontario

Well, I am here in Guelph, Ontario. I arrived in London, England on Monday July 5th around 4pm. I spent the night there and flew out at 12pm to Toronto, arriving at 2:30pm. The flying went well and I was so happy when we landed in Toronto, the tears came! Not sure why, maybe because I was tired and so happy to have landed on Canadian soil. They were tears of joy, yet I miss Uganda so very much. I never realized how much it was my home until I'm here in Canada again. I find myself staring off into space, wondering what is happening back there, missing everyone and wishing I was there again. God bless Uganda!

Since arriving in Toronto, I've been working through some adjustment and it's been hard, very hard, especially dealing with so much daylight. I am so exhausted and my body clock still is working on Uganda time, so by early afternoon I'm ready to sleep. I am forcing myself to stay up again tonight, till at least 8pm, to try help it adjust, but it does not like it at all! All is well here in Ontario, and I spent a day in Toronto yesterday doing some medical things, and then today was at the MAF Canada office here in Guelph, a cute little town for debriefing. Our day however was a bit of a rat race, due to some complications back in BC with the Pap family!

As I might have mentioned at one point, the Pap family; the ones I was teaching back in Uganda have shifted programs and are in the process of more training in Nampa, Idaho and then hope to head down for service in Papua, Indonesia. Yes, so I was working on finishing up things with MAF, until today took a twist and I hope to return to BC on Saturday morning, just in time for Mom's birthday, and then see everyone at church on Sunday, relax a bit Monday, hoping to work on the time change and adjusting and then caring for the 2 youngest Pap children, Matthias-4 and Josiah-7, while all the others are Idaho for more training. So, all things took a twist and God's hand is in it all, so we Praise Him for that!

Yes, I am indeed missing Uganda, especially the ending of the Fifa World Cup, it been so fun to follow it, watching games here and there, and just spending time with friends as we watch the game. Well, as I might have mentioned previously, but want to bring to your attention again, is my answered prayer for an opportunity to return to Uganda. The Lord willing I hope to return around October, to serve with Calvary Chapel Kampala, as Operations Assistant, as well as Deputy Director of the Children's Ministry. This is such a exciting time for me, I really look forward to what God has in store, and I am hoping as I work on raising long term monthly support for this next era of my life, that I will also be raising awareness for Frontline Street Kid's Ministry, so you all can see what God is doing there and how there is still a great need.

Please check out CCK's website, I encourage you to see for yourself the church I am going back to be involved in, and the work they do, in reaching out to fellow Ugandans as well as the community. Please also take some time to go to Utube, and look up Frontline Ministries to watch a short video on the Street Kid's ministry, and the testimony of one of Frontline's products! I do hope it's blessing and great encouragement to you, as you take the few minutes to watch the video.

http://www.calvarykla.com/

As I hope to return to BC on Saturday and do not have a phone, you can contact me via Face book or Email, and I would sure love to meet up with you to share with you what God has done in my life in the year passed as well as my prayers, hopes and plans for the future!!

God bless and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment