Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Mom of 2 Weeks

Well, since arriving home 2 weeks ago, I've become a mom of 2 young boys, Matthias-5, and Josiah-8. It's been great and we've been having a wonderful time... and I love it that I can bring them home and tuck them in bed at 8pm and go to my home!!! It's great being a daytime mom!!!
Today after picking them up, I took them to my friends home, where I am house sitting for the next 2 weeks. We spent some time outside collecting fallen apples and than headed inside to wash, peel, cut and core them for a batch of applesauce. Yup, the mothering thing, now the domestic me and what's next?! It was great and we had a lot of fun... never mind that apple juice was everywhere and so were sticky fingers, they were happy and that's all it took for me to be happy!
As the applesauce cooked, we went outside to pick the ripe blueberries and raspberries.. what a treat, they are so tasty~
After the sauce was finished and cooling, we headed out to the park for some time of energy burning... the kids loved this new playground at a school, and couldn't get enough of it before we had to carry on. We were on the way to pick up fresh eggs at my mom's (the kids got to collect them... another exciting event for them- mom's learnt not to collect them, or else!!), fresh milk from a friends dairy farm, and than home to 'my' house to fry pancakes...
What a day!!
After dinner, I had 2 exhausted children who for the first time in 2 weeks didn't argue that they weren't tired when I brought them home and got them ready for bed!!
Thank-you Lord for children and the blessings they are, for the joy they bring in our lives and how I need to have a childlike faith as they do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment