Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall is on its way


Well, yesterday was a month to the day since my accident with my thumb. Since the accident, I have had surgery and a few Physio therapy sessions and am so thankful at the progress! As I do the exercises with my thumb tonight, I with my left hand push the thumb down as far as I can go, and than try to hold it down with the muscle/ tendon that was injured. I can hold it down, shaky though it is, and its better each time. Along with that I am holding the thumb firm, except the tip, trying to move the tip...it moves very slightly!
Last Friday after I visited Angele, my physio therapist and she gave me a briefing on what to expect... it didn't expect to hear what she said, but see God's hand in it; the perfect timing is amazing! I have to have the full splint on 24/7 for another3-4 weeks yet and than am able to remove it during the day, but wearing it at night in case I roll on my hand (I don't roll around but whatever!) It will be about 3 months from surgery date... meaning another 2 months yet until I will be able to have full movement in my thumb the Lord Willing.
The weather has been so beautiful, leaves falling, coolness in the air, dustings of snow on Mt.Cheam and the corn beginning to be harvested. As I walked down by the Vedder River last weekend fishermen were busy reeling Salmon, people walking, biking and horse back riding the Rotary Trail, it was so beautiful to walk taking in the beauty of God's Creation.
Last week I applied to an oranization who's mission is to do the administrative work for missionaries; including receipting, maintaining contact with my home church and being my legal go-between for taxes and such; ensuring all is done in the correct goverment manner.
If I am accepted to this organization, I hope to fly down to Texas in December for orientaion and getting to know them before flying out to Uganda following the orientation. So... my next 3 months here in BC will be busy, and the Lord willing my car and house both sell; I raise sufficient funds for my flight and other one-time costs as well as the necessary monthly support.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment