Dear Family and Friends,
I hope this finds you well and enjoying the beginning of Autumn. Much has happened since my arrival back in BC. Days after arriving I spent 3 weeks caring for the 2 youngest of the Pap children as the others were in Idaho for more training and orientation as part of the process of their move to Indonesia. From then on I spent some time trying to organize myself, adjust and pursue work options; having difficulty not being able to commit for a long period of time. While searching for options in the newspaper I began helping out a friend with house cleaning and such. As I was helping her the morning of August 26th, I was moving glass jars when as I was putting the away the shattered; splitting open my thumb, slicing the flexor tendon and nicking one of the nerves. From that moment everything changed, we rushed to the Emergency Room where the wound was stitched up, a surgery date was booked and home I went; all hopes of returning to Uganda in October dashed to pieces. September 1 I had surgery and today, 14 days after surgery I have begun physical therapy doing bending exercises and as I moved my thumb on my own for the first time today tears of joy and thankfulness landed on my arm. God is so good; and since the accident it’s been a really difficult time; trying to leave everything…. Finances, plans for my return, selling my house and car, making it through physio… it’s not easy to just God take care of it when I like to have everything organized and planned out! God has been teaching me so many lessons everyday; sometimes it feels like there is no end! Well our Saviour can move the mountains, He is mighty to save and the author of salvation so what can’t He do? I surrender.
Well, as I continue to sort and pack up what I hope to take back with me to Uganda, I have had 1 moving Sale and that was a success but there is much left that I would like to sell. So, this Saturday the 18th from 8-2pm I hope to have another sale with friends of mine also moving out of province. There is much that needs to go; small appliances, dishes, a solid wood china cabinet, and the list goes on! Mark your calendar and come on out! 49922 Yale Rd, Rosedale, beside Inline Propagators.
On Saturday, October 9th I also am planning a large door to door bottle drive. If you would like to help with this; I am looking to cover as much area as we can and need many helpers, trucks and if possible trailers. I hope to arrange about 3-4 people per group to cover a certain area and then have a central meeting point to sort the bottles and then bring them to the depot. For example if there are any willing to help and live in Agassiz, I’d arrange for you to pickup in Agassiz, as well as those living in Sardis to pickup in their area. The meeting point for sorting will be figured out as I plan the pickup details.
Proceeds from both the garage sale and bottle drive will be going towards my one-time costs of returning to Uganda, as I hope to return in November sometime; providing my house and car sell and my thumb is back to normal again with no complications. Let your family and friends know about the above as well…feel free to pass this on!
Wow, ok, I didn’t think it would be this exhaustive! Details, plans, organizing…..as I found out after my accident life changes in a matter of seconds, so all the above is the Lord Willing. I do ask for your prayers as I work through all of these things.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support, it is greatly appreciated.
“Surely there is a future, and your hope will not be cut off.” Proverbs 23:17. As much as I miss Uganda and am anxious to head back, I know that God has planned out everything perfectly and so in His time, not mine.
Blessings, Lena
No comments:
Post a Comment