Thursday, October 7, 2010

Here, There & Everywhere

It’s late and I probably should be sleeping…key word should. Well, I’m not! I’ve just finished going through my power point presentation, which I’m finally happy with, and on to preparations for an Upcoming Dessert Night and Silent Auction in November hosted by Decades Coffee Club. I have been busy with letter writing, envelope stuffing, and dropping off letters to shops all over Chilliwack, as I search for donors for the Silent Auction. Mark your calendar for November 20th- Night Out and I’ll keep you posted on the details!

This Saturday I have a Bottle Drive planned, and look forward to the results from that as well! We hope to split into groups of 2-3 people going door-to-door for bottles, raising funds for my one-time expense of returning and settling.

Along with the above mentioned events, I’ve another on the go, a Cookie Dough Drive, selling boxes of pre-portioned cookie dough. This was a spur of the moment event, but am also hoping to see what I can reap from those efforts. If you are interested in stashing away some cookie dough for a rainy day of baking, give me a call!

Planning events, organizing the details, meeting people, hours of paperwork…the list goes on as I am once again full-time into Support Raising. It is my prayer to be able to raise the necessary monthly support to sustain my Ministry with Calvary Chapel Kampala. I am praying for a December departure, the Lord willing and pray that I would have the grace to accept what God’s plans on my return are; whether for December or later. As my heart was left behind in Uganda…beating through life here isn’t quite the same when you’ve left a great part of you in another land.

I look forward to returning to continue serving in Uganda, but cannot do it without you. Will you prayerfully consider joining up with me on a monthly basis?

Wishing everyone a blessed Thanksgiving…what have we all to be thankful for?

If you have any questions, want to reserve your ticket for the Dessert Night, or would like to order Cookie Dough feel free to contact me;

Phone: 604-791-3003 Email: lena_mulder@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment