
Hungry Henks!

Mom's spread!

Ham carving time

So much to be thankful for!
This week seems to have flown by...but it's only Wednesday! Monday having been Thanksgiving Day, gave this week a whole different feel. After a fabulous dinner of Turkey, Ham, many different vegetables and potatoes, we kicked back to visit, as Mom and Oma did the dishes; that's what happens when you have only 1 working hand and the other 50% working!! Well, Opa went down for a nap, as it was a big adventure for him to come from the care home to spend the dinner with us. Amber and I decided that we'd haul out a few boardgames and give them a go. Dad, Hans, Henk, and Uncle Henk went outside to chat for a while and Abraham headed off to work at the farm for a few hours. It wasn't long before all of us were poring over 7 tiles on our little boards, trying to form a word that would fit on the scrabble board. It was a great game with many laughs and memories to treasure! After the first game, all gave up but Amber, Hans and myself... well Hans is another story. Having big-brother syndrome as always being right, he was now up against Amber, his wife and myself...to put it easy, we were good and hard on him and he quit on us... that was the end of the second game, with tear filed eyes and stomachs sore from laughing. So was Thanksgiving Day at Mom and Dad's house! Tuesday brought me to my friends home as she was going away for a few days and I am carign for her little guy; Isaiah, a 17 month bundle of fun!! As we spent the day hanging out, I took calls for people intersted in my car, as well as others in a china cabinet I posted on the internet. My phone was busy ringing and I was so thankful that there are people interested! So today, Wednesday, I am again with Isaiah, and again the phone has been busy ringing...more people! Praise God for that, I was beginning to wonder if anyone ever would buy my car, I love it, but it needs the right person to want to from me! As I update now, I am waiting on 2 people to come look! This morning I had a physio appointment and am now 6 weeks from my surgery on my thumb. It is doing very well, except that there is alot of scar tissue, and I cannot bend my thumb. So after another successful visit I am allowed to go without my splint during the day ( I was bad and did that already earlier this week!), and to wear it at night, as my wrist is very weak yet, and I could re-injure the hand. What a day, and so much to be thankful for! Tomorrow, I have the privilege of driving out to see my surgeon at Royal Columbian Hospital in New West, for my 6wk Post Op checkup...I'm curious to see what he'll say! Homeward bound in the afternoon to pack my suitcase for an upcoming road trip to Alberta! Early Friday morning a 4 car caravan is headed Eastbound to Southern Alberta. Friends of mine are moving there and I am going as an extra driver, as well as to visit a few friends with plans spend the weekend and following week there and fly home on the 23rd to continue with Support Raising.
Yes, it's indeed Thanksgiving Day every day here in Canada too, as well as Uganda. So many have asked me lately, "Is there Thanksgiving Day in Uganda?" No there is not, every day is Thanksgiving day there!
| Eph 5:20 | Always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus
Christ to God, even the Father. |
No comments:
Post a Comment