Today is wash day. Yesterday was wash day too. Since
arriving we’ve jumped in head first to unpacking boxes of house things,
unpacking luggage, sorting Gabriel’s clothes, my clothes and all of our other
things. Then there is laundry, a never ending story. Gabriel’s clothes pile up
in the basket and finally I decide to tackle them, seeing the skies clear and
ready to dry the clothes. As they soak in the basin with soap, I think of all
the months I’ve had in Canada, being blessed by mom’s wash machine and not
anticipating soap burnt knuckles at the end of this washing.
About an hour later, Gabriel’s clothes are washed, and I’m
hanging them out to dry, asking God to please not let it rain and choosing to
trust that the clothes will dry. Yesterday Gabriel’s clothes dried. Praise the
Lord for hearing my heart’s desire and answering prayer.
As I type, thunder rumbles, and the brisk wind is whipping
the newly washed clothes on the line. As I wrung them out, again I chose to
trust God for their drying, remembering again the days before I’d gone to Canada,
where each washing I’d commit the drying part to God and choose to trust Him.
After sharing with Troph my heart about wash day and
trusting God, he encouraged me saying that God has already heard our prayers,
and how many farmers had already asked God for the rains not to come! That was
some food for thought and an encouragement that yes; of course I’m not the only
one asking God to stop the rains from pouring on us at this time! Isn’t God so
good?!
As I think on it, it’s somehow funny, yet somehow a
challenge. Who would have thought to trust God with the drying of our clothes?
Well, we do, because our home is simply not large enough to have bed sheets,
jeans, towels, and all sorts of other laundry draped all over to dry…not to
mention the gorgeous red dust that daily coats our home!
Yes, on wash day, I trust the Lord, and sometimes wrestle
with the thought of our clothes possibly not drying and having to dash out into
the first seconds of the downpour to retrieve our clothes and go about how to
arrange them in the house to dry!
I’m thankful we don’t have a dryer, I love the sun-bleached
white shirts, the crisp towels and just the fact that the sun is so amazing to
be able to dry them all in just a few hours! God is so good to us! Trust God
with us today for our clothes to dry! The sun continues to shine and God has
heard our prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment