The week before we left Canada, both Gabriel and I caught an awful cold; one I haven't had so bad in years. I was down with the cold for a good 3 days before Gabriel caught it. Because he was so congested he wouldn't sleep more than 30 minutes, without waking up frantic because he couldn't breathe. We 'vicked' him out, well, had extreme vick in the room, trying to reduce the congestion and yet, through the whole time he had the cold, up until the day we left to fly home; he was ever so happy when he was awake, even though so overtired. I look back on those days and remember thanking the Lord, as we do every day for our precious son. Extra-ordinary I'm sure.
We get visitors now that were home. Sometimes Gabriels up, sometimes he's sleeping. If he's up and goes down for a nap while they are here, they are always amazed as I carry him to bed and return within a minute or two. Gabriel continues to suck his fist and settles himself to sleep with not much more than some cooing to himself and thats about it.
I remember when we settled on Gabriel's name, the week before I left Uganda to go to Canada. When we chose the name 'Gabriel', he was already such a joy to us, and truly such a blessing from the Lord. He's almost 3 months old and each day brings us immense joy, we are so thankful for him. Truly he's been an angel of the Lord; in infant form; to be with us through many challenging times that now lie behind us; and also to be with us in the challenges that lie ahead.
Ok, so I'm finished. Thank the Lord today for your children, see how special they are to you. If they are grown, remember the days when they were Gabriel's age, remember when they first started to giggle, rememeber the joy they brought you. Think on the faithfulness of the Lord and ponder it in your heart.
God is so good to us, not just us as in the Odie family, but us as the World. Day in day out, the Lord continues to bless us, we have joys, sorrows, challenges, trials, and yet with perseverance and reliance on the Lord, He brings us through, blessing us ever more and more. Each one of us is handiwork of God's own hands. God has bragging rights about us as individuals too. How very happy and blessed He must be, when we can do our best to live within His will, serving him whole-heartedly, and growing in Christ-likeness.
Be blessed today. I am so blessed; today and everyday.
How I found Gabriel yesterday when getting him out from taking a nap;
his hands were folded as if he was finished praying!
Gabriel reading me a book...he was sure having fun!
Gabriel's first keyboard lesson...with fingers his size, he's definitely a born musician,
and he doesn't have to go far either!
No comments:
Post a Comment