Umeme is our power supplier here in Uganda. Currently we don't have power. Well we do, but it's so very little that only the laptop and a phone can charge. Some lights work, but not the iron and there's aheap of clothes to be ironed (thankfully I was able to Iron all of Gabriel's clothes before the power went, as for Trophi and I, we'll manage for now!) and not the fridge.
Such is life in Uganda. You never know when power will go, or come back. It's been a rough week in the way of no power. We were over 30 hours without power and I was starting to wonder whats up. I called Umeme yesterday and they assured me they'd look into it. I think they did and by 5 pm our full power was back. Short-lived it was, and by 10 this morning it was gone again. Thankfully the fridge and freezer were able to store up some cold again and the freezer re-freeze what had begun thawing.
A guy from Umeme called this morning just after power had gone, well gone low; and asked if it was back, so I was able to tell him of the low power again and they say they'll look into it again, so hopefully it's not another 30 hours of no power. Those are stressful days. Meat, milk and frozen breastmilk bottles in the freezer all try to keep together to keep eachother frozen, but hour after hour...they begin to thaw!
Such is Uganda and Umeme, where we go through 'load-shedding'= times of no power, because our power is sold to Kenya, Rwanda and soon South Sudan.
On the plus side, we get to use the solar lights from my parents more frequently and enjoy the blessing they are to us and our visitors!
No comments:
Post a Comment