Vanni, our Congolese neighbor boy came to visit me this afternoon with another neighbor boys bike.
As I was taking out some dishes to wash in the kitchen (yes, in our home we have an 'outdoor kitchen' where dishes are washed), and I saw Vanni peeping around the corner of the house to see what the noise was he had heard. It was me carrying dishes. I suspected he'd be over soon and as I was gathering the last of the dishes to carry out, I turned to go to the house door and jumped as he was right behind me! He'd somehow come ever so quietly with the neighbor boys bike!
He was his happy self, and since there was no sibling or neighbor boy to bother him, he was pretending he was driving, 'beep beep' went the 'horn' of the bike, and it was like he was turning the throttle, as he made sounds of revving the engine. So precious!
I asked him in my broken Luganda where Mama was, but since he doesn't know Luganda, all he understood was the 'Mama'? and pointed in her direction, grunting.
As he was playing with the bike while I rinsed dishes, he heard a male voice from his house (we have a duplex style house and they are on the otherside of us), he peeped around the wall of the kitchen and saw his Papa. He voiced under his breath, 'Papa!', and full of excitement was gone in a jiffy!
I'm pretty sure his Papa is his hero, it was too cute seeing him rush off just to see his Papa!
No comments:
Post a Comment