Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Permanent Residency Forms

     As I sit here sorting through our stack- literally- of PR forms, my brain starts to pain. I've finished my pile of forms as Trophimus' Sponsor. Now I'm about to work on his forms, but can't find the correct guide to show me how to fill in the forms. Yes, you need a guide to tell you how to fill in each form, and there are heaps of forms. we have a file of over an inch of paperwork to fill out, read through and process.
     Worship music is playing, trying to calm my brain, Gabriel is sound asleep and Trophimus is gone to work. But, somehow I can't get my brain to work more on these forms, it's on strike! One positive thing through going through our forms is the cost isn't going to be as much as we originally had thought it might be. I tried to call the Doctor here in Kampala, to see what quote he could give me on the medical information that is required, but his office was closed, or so that is what their phone told me, even though it was 4:30 and their office is open till 5:30. Welcome to Uganda :)
     I'm about to put the forms down and if I had ice cream in the freezer, I'd be digging into it about now, but first, there is no good ice cream in Uganda, and secondly, we don't' even have any!
As we work hard to finish this up before the end of this month, please be praying for us through it all, these forms are a lot of work, very thought provoking...making you think 10 years back and it's a costly process, though it's our only option for Trophimus to one day go to Canada. Immigration Canada doesn't make it very easy on us, but we'll get through it. God gives us the grace each day, and we are in His hands, the best place to be!
     Please also pray with us for the finances to cover the cost of this process, we originally thought it would cost about $2000, but it will be about $1500 now, so that is a wonderful relief. It's our goal to send it all in at the end of this month, but that depends on the finances as it needs to be paid first and than sent in. Please pray with us for this provision.


Thanks for continuing to stand with us!

1 comment:

  1. Lena, I know that whole thing about forms! They just never end. It brought a smile to my face. Will be praying for you and that each line is filled in correctly, too. Bless you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete