Sunday, September 15, 2013

Teen/Women's Undergarments

Dear friends,

As I was visiting with a friend recently, we were chatting women stuff (men beware!) and just wondering aloud what we'd do with undergarments that are gently used but can be used for an outreach to some women/teens in some of the shelters surrounding Kampala.
After inquiring, I was given 2 great leads, and hope to visit them soon, to find out their specific needs and how our ministry can bless them.

We decided to start collecting women's/teens undergarments (bra's & undies) both new & gently used, and from there the vision grew to creating care packages for the women, adding in some deodorant/toothpaste (small tubes) and toothbrushes along with a nice cheery item/gift.

After a facebook post on our ministry page; Cedar Uganda, a friend in Chilliwack took initiative to share it on her page and the results were astounding, truly humbling. I was nearly reduced to tears, seeing the overwhelming response!

It's funny how when I made the post, I wasn't even thinking of Canadian's joining in, since it was a Ugandan friend and I who had decided about the outreach; but after that response, well, the scenario changed! 

It looks like we'll be working to fill a ministry bin to come out here in January, so for those of you interested in filling that bin with women's/teen girls undergarments, please contact me and I'll
re-route you to a friend who has availed her time for this! We'll also be creating 'care packages' for each women/teen, so are also collecting toothbrushes and the small tubes of toothpaste, along with anything you might find that is a nice cheery gift to add in.

God bless you all for your eagerness & willing hearts. We are so blessed by your responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment