This week, along with the last few, has been very busy in prep for going to Ontario for training, yet, not busy enough to countdown until my fulltime work is done! I have 5 more fulltime days, and i'm DONE!! Is that exciting-- definately, saddening-- some, frightful-- not at all!
It's been fantastic working at the greenhouse, yet there is a time when all good things must come to an end.....just to have more great things to look forward to around the corner!
I hope to work up until next Wednesday, taking Thursday off to organize what i'll need for training in Ontario, and i fly out on Friday morning.
I've been looking forward to it for so long, yet looking back, it seems that time has been swept away. It reminds me of one of the songs we used to sing in Church when i was little; about the time being swept away by the billowing winds, that is so true, but do we value each moment of every day??
Many have asked what i'll be doing in Ontario, as how much can one really prepare for such a different culture and life change? Well, much of our training will cover the raising of support; meaning: public speaking, asking uncomfortable questions- like financial support, building a prayer support team, monthly newsletters from Uganda.....and the list goes on. We hope to cover all that will be necessary for each of us candidates as we prepare to serve God in the various capacities in different countries. Yes, there will be more people than just me; a few couples as well as a few singles.
Please pray for me as i train my replacement at work, and as i prepare for the training in Ontario; that i might not become overwhelmed, and continue to trust.
I'm so thankful for all of your prayer support,
I look forward what God has in store for me!
until than, Lena
No comments:
Post a Comment