Instead of MAF Uganda Staff having a Christmas Party, it was preferred to give food hampers to our National Staff, with the money that would have been spent on a Party.
Hadija and Harriet, both National Staff organized and ordered the food supplies necessary for the amount of National Staff, and a helper came in to weigh the rice, Posho flour, beans and sugar and put each item in it'. Those Items Hadija and I split into basins, also to be taken home over the last few weeks, as we had time. This we were able to finish a few weeks ago. Last week we worked on the soap, wrapping large bars in newspaper, to contain the smell and for easier carrying. This we were able to finish in two afternoons.
This past Monday I was able to help Hadija with finishing the food hampers. We worked for the first few hours in the morning on splitting up the rest of the materials; including baking flour, margarine, soda, cooking oil, and some sweets. I was blessed to be able to help the staff as they came for their hampers.
What a blessing to be part of MAF, and especially a team as we have here in Uganda. I am thankful to be part of them, and though I often am removed from what happens in the office, as I am teaching; helping out in small ways like this, is a blessing to me, as the office staff are always so busy, and caring for us all as well as customers coming in. It truly is a blessing to bless others as God has blessed us
What have we done to contribute to those around us this Christmas Season? Have we set aside some of what God has blessed us with that we might be a blessing to those in need?
No comments:
Post a Comment