Friday, December 11, 2009

Joys and Sorrows

This weekend marks X amount of weeks I've been here in Uganda- X as I don't even know, i've lost count!! I want to thankyou all so very much for your continued prayers, encouraging emails, and other means of support. I am so thankful to be here and appreciate all that god has done in my life to bring me here.This past week has been a challenging one, filled with many joys and challenges, yet God has answered to many prayers. What an awesome God we serve. As one day i'll feel like crying because my heart is hurting, God will send an encouragement, knowing my heart and how I am aching, striving to become more and more Christlike. As I type this some of the Apostle Paul's words come to mind- "To live is Christ and to die is gain. But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose.But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy in the faith." Phillipians 1:21- 25
Life in a nutshell in interesting. There are days when I will be walking, and there is so much need around me, it is easy to become very overwhelmed, and think- I'm just one person in this country with so many needy. What can I do? God is so faithful eachtime, and answers by showing a small need and there and puts on my heart to help. There are days when life here looks so bright and it seems that God has sent so much aid to this country and all will be well. God has sent so much aid, but are we doing His work for Him alone, or for our own pride?
This week in the Bible lesson I have been teaching the Children, we covered the 5's of Resolving Conflict God's Way; Admit- that I did wrong, Apologize- for wrong that I've done to another, Accept- the consequences, Ask- for forgiveness, and Alter- Pray that with God's help I will be able to change my behaviour. Well, what a lesson it has been for me. All week I have been pondering over how am I dealing with this, am I dealing with it in a Christ honouring manner? It its my wish and prayer as we go through the Book on becoming Peacemakers, that I would continue to grow in Christlikeness, and that the Children would also come to know Jesus as Lord and Saviour, and retain all we've went through.
Praise the Lord for sending His Son to die for us, undeserving creatures.
Dear Father in Heaven,
Please forgive all my wrongs, all my sins and the hurt I've caused others. Be with me, grow me, transform me and be with me as I live for You, desiring to become more and more Christlike in all I am. Please be with all of us missionaries serving here in Uganda, the special country You have placed us in, to do Your work, and all for Your glory and honour alone. Cleans us from all unrighteousness and draw us ever more near to You. Please be with all loved ones wherever they are, bless them, encourage them and draw them near to You. Thankyou for all the supporters, and what you have laid on their hearts, enabling us to serve here, for Your glory. Please help MAF and all of us serving with MAF to be a blessing to all we are in contact with and that they would see Christlikeness shining within us. Help us to be a blessing to eachother, lift up eachother, and love eachother as You have loved us.
Keep, guide and protect us from Sin and Satan, and bless us.
In Your Son's name alone, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment