Monday, December 28, 2009

Village Church

Inside Church
The church, though unfinished, yet perfectly usable.
Avin and Finn heading to church.

Sunday Morning dawned with the sun peeking through the clouds, greeting me as I rose to get ready for church. I was excited, I have been attending at Calvary Chapel Kampala, our City Center Location, and now I was in the village, to attend church how so many thousands in the villages all over do. What to expect? I wasn't sure, I'd never been!
As we (Jeff, Shannon and the kids) left the Center, we walked the few minutes into the village to church. As we got closer I peered between the trees, seeing this beautiful brick church, and hearing someone reading from inside. I was hoping I could video the whole service, but thought that would be really rude. So, I have it video'd in my head!!! I was not anticipating sitting on the wood benches for about 4 hours as many traditional churches do.
As I was a visitor, I was expected to stand, introduce myself and tell where I am from, so i did that, there was sharing time, where whoever felt they had a verse or portion of scripture they would like to share, they had an opportunity to go up and share it. Though most of it was in Luganda, I didn't understand most of what they said, except the odd word that I understood.
The sermon was good, though also difficult to follow as the pastor spoke in English, but there was a man translating into Luganda for those who don't understand English.
It was a great experience and I really enjoyed it, though I was happy we didn't have to sit for 4 hours, it was just over 2 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment