Monday, October 24, 2011

Business Venture???

This morning we woke up to Thunder crashing every few moments and rain pouring down so hard. After I sent my house helper a message to not bother coming today, as our road would be flooded anyway and no one would be able to get through, I fell back asleep. Waking up a bit later; getting the day started I realized with no wash getting done today because of the rains, it was a perfect day for sewing!! After getting some dishes washed and a little washing done...all that was possible to hang inside, I hauled out my sewing machine, some curtains that needed hemming, and got it all ready to go....
After the curtains were done, I dug up some scraps of material and debated cutting squares to eventually make a quilted bed cover. Instead, I took a dress I'd made in grade 8 (one that was in my neighborhood outreach bin) and used it as a 'pattern'!

We'll see how this dress turns out. I'm also hoping to do some searching town to see if i can find any patterns, realizing as I went through my scraps bag that i must have left all my patterns back in Canada :(
I'm even thinking about possibly turning this opportunity into a small business venture...who knows, lets see where it leads!!

No comments:

Post a Comment