Monday welcomed us with some well enjoyed sunny weather, minus the afternoon rains! As I worked to do laundry and cleaning our house, I prayed"Please Lord, don't let the rain come, my laundry needs to dry!" Sure enough, I trusted that the rains weren't coming, as there was a strong wind, the clouds though dark were high in the sky and I decided, I'm not taking in the laundry because it's not going to rain! Praise God, our clothes dried nicely without having to rush them in and find means of drying them indoors!
Tuesday brought Trophi and I to church for a meeting with the pastors. Since before our wedding, amidst the preps there were a few circumstances that left us praying for direction in our various ministry outreaches. Trophi has been the head of sound, and felt that God was leading him out of sound at church, to focus on his own studio work here at home as well as working with a local band, 'Qwela', doing sound for them as well. Trophi, along with 3 friends also have a ministry called 'Pure Souls' and felt that God wanted them the renew their outreach projects with Pure Souls as well.
I have been working in Administration at church, however when I arrived from Canada back in March, I had planned to work with Frontline primarily. As there was a great need in Admin, I agreed to fill that post temporarily, also planning to transfer to Frontline where my heart was. Through the months of our wedding planning and the wedding itself, God called me out of Admin, and placed upon my heart once again the need to join Frontline, where He had first called me to; as well as now being a wife with many roles at home that are now a priority.
Our meetings with the Pastors will continue for a few weeks, once a week to go over the details as both Trophi and I were serving in fairly big roles at church that will now both need filling.
As we go through these transitions, we humbly ask for your prayers, transition in getting married is a change, and now also in ministry is not always easy. We see God's direction in our lives, and ask that you join us as we pray for God's leading in all we do, reaching out to the disadvantaged in our country and as we hope to in years ahead reach out to those in East Africa.
Our heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you, who continues to prayerfully lift us up, as well as supporting via email, finances and encouragement in many ways. God richly bless you all!
Hearts in Uganda, Trophimus & Lena
Hello Lena,
ReplyDeleteI sent you an Email some time ago, but as we have received no reply, we see no way to contact you other than this. We were wondering how you out to use our English Bible Verse Colouring Books that Debbie W. gave you to take to Uganda?
Yours in Christ,
Tim Collins
Publisher
Bibleversecoloringbook.com
Greetings Tim, it's wonderful to hear from you!! Thanks so much for your message, yes, I would love somehow to get more of your books, they are SO helpful, I'd love to get more of them but not sure how. Sorry, I never saw your email, try this address lenaodie@gmail.com. When you see Alex & Deb next, please send my greetings. Thanks for your work, I was touched by it and greatly blessed! I would love to somehow get some of the books, but it's tricky. Anyway, contact me at that email, and we can chat than!! Thanks again! Blessings
ReplyDelete