Thursday, July 16, 2009

Church Presentation

Q & A time- loved all the kids!

I'm ready, where is everybody?!

Saying "Hello" to Isaiah

Fellowshipping before the Presentation

An older issue of the MAF LifeLink, with the above article, I love it!

A book all should read- it's fantastic and contains the beginning of MAF


My display table

up to 20% now!

So, I’m sitting in my bed (that’s a bonus about a Laptop!), reflecting on today. This morning I went over to my parents house, had coffee with them, and they headed out for some sightseeing with some family we have visiting from Holland. I made myself at home, and enjoyed working on my Support Raising. In between follow-up phone calls, and computer work I accomplished, God often brought to my mind His many promises, being a faithful, loving, compassionate, forgiving God; slow to anger, and abundant in mercy. After reading Psalm 103, I was thinking, Wow, God’s love toward His children is so great, we cannot comprehend it, removing our transgressions so far from us as the east is from the west. Think about that vast distance for a moment.
I am so thankful for today, I had so many encouraging calls, well wishes, prayers, pledges and a trials. It’s very exciting, seeing God’s work happening right in front of me, I continue to pray that I would be a light for Him, an instrument in His hand, and to Him alone is all glory and honour.
Support Raising takes immense faith. Trusting is not always easy, but God constantly reminds me of His promises, and that is so encouraging. Reading in His word, how when He spoke and it was done, or of those in the Old Testament times who prayed fervently for so long, and in God’s time, He answered the prayers. How can one not be encouraged through that? I thank God for this opportunity to serve Him in this capacity, and for the work He has for me to do.
Please continue to pray with me, that as I continue raising support, that I would not cease to thank God for His continued grace and mercy; and that I would do all to His glory and honour, not seeking any approval for my own, but that I might be humbled to the lowest that God would be glorified to the highest.
Well, as the day went on, I spent a short while with Airyn, my friend Carina’s daughter, and what a joy that was!! I’ll miss her for sure; she is so close to my home, and so much fun to be with! It was nice to play with her outside, and be with her. 2 year olds are so much fun, I pray that I may have many opportunities in Uganda to help in the Orphanages, caring for, loving, holding and just being with the many orphans. I also pray for the strength to endure those difficult times, for it will be very difficult to see the poverty of them, and that there are so many orphans. I’ll want to take them all home with me.
This past evening, I had a presentation for my home church, and I was very excited to see the good turnout. Being it summer holidays and the warm weather, it’s difficult to know how many will make it, but it was very encouraging seeing so many, and especially the children!!!
All in all, today was a great day, and I am excited to say that I am at 19.6%. However, several individuals and businesses have agreed to pledge, and will do so online or in the near future!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow, Praise Him all creatures here below, Praise Him above, ye heavenly host, Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment