Today marks 4 weeks since my arrival in Entebbe. So much has happened and more continues to happen, it's so great!
This past week, the weather was quite warm, it seemed warmer than the previous week! The sun continues to shine, and it's so beautiful! This week was also my third week teaching and I have really been enjoying it, all has gone well and I pray that will continue so! I am excited as I hope over Christmas to go visit friends of mine in Kibaale, about a 4 hour drive west of Kampala. Yes, Lisa, I'm hoping to go to Jeff and Shannon's for Christmas and New Years! I am really looking forward to it, though it is a long time away!
Yesterday as I was looking at the Calendar I was thinking, wow, it's almost November, and it struck me that this is so neat, there really is no winter here in Eastern, Central Africa! And no, there would be no snow, no colour changing of the leaves on the trees (I cannot imagine how Uganda would look if the banana trees all had red or orange leaves!!), no hauling out the heavy winter clothes. Simply life goes on, flip-flops, the warm sun, the lovely green in the rainy season, no worries that we might be stuck in a blizzard, or it's too bad of weather to go to work.
Yes, I find it fascinating, seeing the differences between continents!
Well, I must be going, as I have a houseful of friends coming over this evening for dinner! I am hoping the rains will stay away, and so we can go up on my rooftop and relax!
God bless, Lena
No comments:
Post a Comment