Hello all,
I have been here for nearly 4 weeks, a month, and it seems like it's been so much longer! I am loving it here so very much! Every day is so special, and yes, I am happy i'm not only a 'visitor' for just a few weeks or so, that would be far too short!
I have made so many friends, have found a 'home' church here, and yes, am surrounded by the wonderful MAF family we have here. I am so thankful that God has brought me here, I love it every day more and more.
So, this week, I met with my friend, Sarah, who's husband is the Director of one of the schools from the African Children's Choir. Sarah and I have gotten along really well, and have a very special friendship- they are from Abbotsford- duh!!! Well, while at Sarah's we were talking about getting out hair braided. Well, Joyce, Sarah's house help offered to do mine and that evening after Joyce was finished work, we walked out to get the extensions and she put in 3.5 hours of braiding, starting at the bottom. Than Tuesday night Joyce and her sister came over after work and they finished the 'do', altogether 12.5 hours of braiding!
I am enjoying it, it's fun, heavy and hot, but fun!! So, the challenge is to see how long it lasts!
Well, I must head home, I am going to a MAF families for dinner.
Keep in touch, it's been special to recieve emails from back home.
Love Lena
No comments:
Post a Comment