Monday, October 26, 2009

A month today- Happy Anniversary!!

This past weekend was a fantastic one, one of the most enjoyable yet, and I know there are many more to come! Friday night, I had a wonderful group of friends over for dinner, a movie and then we went up onto my roof, and laid there chatting and watching the stars! It was so much fun, just being together and the fellowship! Saturday brought me to Calvary Chapel, where I have found a home church here in Uganda, and I was to audition for joining the Worship team for Church. We practised through the various songs, and thank the Lord, all went well, and I was very excited to be able to join the Worship on Sunday already, under the 1 condition to have the required black dress clothes. Well, I ventured out that afternoon after practice, the first time I had been brave enough to go alone, and well, I found the clothes necessary, I really have come to love the Ugandan people and bartering with them is fun. Though it’s fun to barter with them, since I am a Muzungu, a White person, the prices for absolutely everything along the streets costs more, since it’s a stereo type that all White people are rich! Looking at it through their eyes, God had been so good and has brought us to this faraway country, so in that respect, yes, we are rich, however, God has brought us there and had blessed us that we might be a blessing to those dear people!
After arriving home Saturday night, I ironed my clothes, ready for Sunday morning and then headed to bed nice and early, as Sunday morning requires an early start from now on! I had set my alarm for 5:30am, and had woken up, however, I must have put it off and then woke up at 6:45; I jumped out of bed, to find 2 messages from my friend Stephan who was going to meet me at the Matatu Stage and then we were going to ride to church together, well, I was late as we had agreed to meet there at 6:30, as we needed to be at church at 7:15, for a final warm-up, and then for the next 3 services, at 8, 10 and 12. As I quickly dressed, and was so thankful for the African braids, to be able to throw in a hair elastic, I quickly brushed my teeth, and literally ran out the door. I knew I had no time to catch a Matatu to the Matatu Park in the City Center and then walk to Church from there, so I for the first time took a Boda Boda, yes, I had no other option and it was a nice first experience! So, instead of being stuck in a traffic jam and getting to church too late, I was there not 10 minutes later, thanks to the Boda Boda driver!
Worship was fantastic and I loved it so very much! It had been a long time since I had sung and it felt so very good, to be among so many believers, singing praises to God, and then for 3 services too, it was so great, God is so good!! I am so thankful for the friends He has brought into my life, they have been so wonderful, and we have such special times together, I do love them so much!
As we sat in the first service, our sermon was on Matthew 15:21-39. What a wonderful message, how God had such compassion on the people that he healed the sick, fed those who had listened to them, and how He traveled so far to heal the ladies daughter who was filled with demons. What a compassionate God we serve, and He continues to care for our every need each day, as well as providing us with so many undeserved blessings! After the first service, we sung in the second service and while Pastor Brian was preaching, we as a worship team had a time of prayer together. It is so wonderful to gather together, and spend such a Sunday in Worship to God; in song, prayer and fellowship! While the third service was on, we as a worship team had a snack, and then fellowshipped before the closing song of the third service.
Once church was over, several of us went to get some lunch before going out for the afternoon, to relax and enjoy time together. I look forward to next Sunday, and pray that each Sunday will be as this one, with Christ first and foremost!
Well, Monday is here and the weekend is past, a new week, a new Bible lesson, and so many more memories! God is so good, what more can I say! Thank you all for your continued prayers and support, I look forward to the next months here and pray that I will continue to be used as an Instrument in Gods’ hands for His glory and honour here in Uganda. Blessings and Love, Lena

1 comment:

  1. Wow Lena! Thanks for sharing! I love your blog! My heart just wells up with a deep excitement as I read and try to imagine- but really can't this whole new adventure you've embarked on! How great is our God! :) Jer. 29:13 Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete