Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Adopt a Child?

In this picture you see Matthias Pap, the only Pap child I am not teaching and Mariam, the Pap's neighbor and pretty much, adopted daughter. Miriam has a very sad family situation, from which her father works in Irag, or Iran, not sure what one, her mother has disowned her and has rejected her as much as a mother possibly could and so Miriam lives with a lady that is her step-mother, and her step-grandmother, of whom neither care much for the child. Miriam spent the day at the Pap's today and I got to know here than, including a run for groceries with Klazina and the 2 children this afternoon. Miriam attends school, when possible, and was lacking shoes, of which Frances, Klazina's house help took her to the market this morning as she goes to the Wednesday market and than took Miriam along as well to buy her some shoes for school.
Miriam craves love, attention and being cared for. She is such a dear child, and she is only one of thousands and thousands of children.
When we went for groceries after school today, Matthias and Miriam came along, it was so special to see how well Matthias played with her, and they had so much fun! While at Embassy, the small grocery store where we go, I bought a small IceCream for each child and so we took it to Quality Cuts, the Deli, where we buy meat from and I sat outside with them and we had our icecream.
One the way home, Klazina and I had a wonderfull time, talking about how it would be to adopt these abandoned children-- that would be so special!
Please join us all here at MAF and all other organizations for WorldWide Prayer Day on Oct 21st.

No comments:

Post a Comment