This morning, I filled a kaveera (plastic bag) with some ministry material that friends from Canada had given me to hand out, and set out to find some people to bless. I met a lady who was picking some plant to boil with water to make a poultice for her Aunties eyes, as she was ill. She was happy to recieve a new blouse, and tucked it carefully under her arm, as we parted ways.
Next I saw a few little girls playing in the shade of some trees. I went up to them, and after asking the auntie if it was ok, I took out two pillowcase dresses to give the girls...pictures are to follow in the next few days! it was so precious to see their faces and hear the giggles, as they pranced around in their smart new dresses!!
Town bound i was after those few deliveries. Just after arriving at church, the main doors were locked down, and noise filled the streets...rioting was on. Though there wasn't much i could see, we could hear it full well, as well as seeing the many police and army vehicles going through the streets. All calmed as quickly as it started, or so it seemed anyway, as the rioting shifted from our side of Kampala through to another side. As Mayoral Elections come up again this coming Monday, please be keeping the country in your prayers, for smooth fair elections, as well as safety and peace for us all.
Blessings from sunny, warm Uganda.
No comments:
Post a Comment