March 2, 2011
This morning I woke up at Mom’s with a few errands to run before heading to Vancouver Airport in the afternoon. With one final stop at my favourite hangout over the past 9 months of being in Canada, I said goodbye to my dear friends at ‘Decades Coffee Club’, where I spent countless hours working on deputation work. The last stop was by spending some time with Opa and Oma, treasuring the moments I have with them.
Once at the airport, luggage checked in and out of sight until Uganda, Dad, Mom, myself and friends Mark & Sarah with little Seth and Jodie had one last dinner of Chinese food and burgers. The flight went well, it was fun to be with the Williams family, serving in Uganda with the African Children’s Choir, and some of my ‘Canadian’ friends….far and few between in Uganda!
March 4, 2011
Last night I told my body it was to sleep regular, however, as I fell asleep around 9pm, I woke several times before finally getting up at 3am, figuring I might as well make some coffee and watch boring TV, and see how far that got! Part of it was the settling fact that I’m finally going home, after spending nearly 9 months in Canada, having left my heart behind in Uganda last summer.
Though our trip is really long, it’s been great to sleep in a spring bed for one last time before I’m in a foam bed tonight, as well as a nice long hot bath…the things we take for granted in Canada!
As I sit here in the waiting area in the middle of Heathrow Airport, Terminal 5, there was this amusing group of high school kids….straight off the boat from Holland! It was fun to hear them chattering away; little did they know that I could understand nearly all of their incessant chatter! Sometimes the Dutch blood comes out at bit that was one of those times!
Uganda, here I come, ready or not!!
No comments:
Post a Comment