
Presidential Elections took place last weekend, and thankfully all was peaceful. I feel this is a great answer to prayer, especially as we look at the unrest in many other African Countries over the last few weeks. Elections went well, all was very quiet, and as we expected, President Yoweri Museveni was elected president once again, and the results of that also thankfully remained peaceful. However, though presidential elections were calm and quiet, the Mayoral Elections which were to take place yesterday weren't quite the same.
Elections were cancelled in Kampala due to a rigged cheating by one of the candidates. Tensions are high, and we are praying that peace prevails over unrest and violence. Please keep Uganda's political situation in your prayers.
I know that God has everything perfectly in His control, and I need to keep my eyes fixed on Him, trusting that all will go quietly and smoothly. Please continue to pray for peace to reign in the hearts of all. It was my prayer that through elections all remain quiet, calm and peaceful, and that God use Uganda as an encouragement and example for other countries in Africa, that yes, peaceful elections are possible. I know that God is doing exciting and amazing things in Uganda and am excited to return next week to continue serving Him there in the ministries He has called me to.
Thanks for your continued prayer, they are greatly appreciated by myself and all my friends at home in Uganda.
No comments:
Post a Comment