
Instead of having butterflies in my stomach with the excitement of all wrapping up for me here in Canada, I have airplanes in my stomach. Three weeks from today I hope to be enroute to London for a stopover and then homeward bound to Uganda. Today was another busy day…what one isn’t? I took care of all my flight info, tickets are ready and pretty much so am I. Meetings, speaking engagements, packing, last minute this’s and that’s, quickly running here and there… all those things are almost done.
I look forward to not driving anymore highways and bridges, in fact, no driving period. It will sure be nice to just hop in the taxi and just go to work. I look forward to routine, going to work everyday, seeing our street kids and loving them, fresh fruit, Ugandan food, seeing my friends and ‘family’ and to sum it all up, just going home. Now it’s time to ‘hurry up and wait already!’
I am looking forward to the event this weekend with the Chilliwack Bruin’s Game’s Annual Faith Night, and the opportunity God has given me to reach out to Chilliwack. I pray that seeds are planted and trust that God will water, grow and produce fruit from them. Next weekend I have a “Coffee House” goodbye/fundraiser from my home/sending church in Langley, the following week is my “Openhouse Farewell” in the Free Reformed Church Auditorium and that is open to all, from 6-8:30pm on Saturday, February 26th. Then on Friday, March 4th I fly out…so it’s a coming, and fast too!
This coming Friday, on the 18th Presidential Elections are in Uganda, so please pray for all there, and that the situation remains as calm and peaceful as it is now. Thankfully there hasn’t been any major uproars or anything, and we are praying it stays that way. We are expecting Museveni to remain president, but elections will tell.
I want to thankyou all again for your continued love, prayers, support and kindness in many ways. Please join me for my Openhouse Farewell in appreciation of your support, it will great to see you all again one more time before I go home.
I look forward to not driving anymore highways and bridges, in fact, no driving period. It will sure be nice to just hop in the taxi and just go to work. I look forward to routine, going to work everyday, seeing our street kids and loving them, fresh fruit, Ugandan food, seeing my friends and ‘family’ and to sum it all up, just going home. Now it’s time to ‘hurry up and wait already!’
I am looking forward to the event this weekend with the Chilliwack Bruin’s Game’s Annual Faith Night, and the opportunity God has given me to reach out to Chilliwack. I pray that seeds are planted and trust that God will water, grow and produce fruit from them. Next weekend I have a “Coffee House” goodbye/fundraiser from my home/sending church in Langley, the following week is my “Openhouse Farewell” in the Free Reformed Church Auditorium and that is open to all, from 6-8:30pm on Saturday, February 26th. Then on Friday, March 4th I fly out…so it’s a coming, and fast too!
This coming Friday, on the 18th Presidential Elections are in Uganda, so please pray for all there, and that the situation remains as calm and peaceful as it is now. Thankfully there hasn’t been any major uproars or anything, and we are praying it stays that way. We are expecting Museveni to remain president, but elections will tell.
I want to thankyou all again for your continued love, prayers, support and kindness in many ways. Please join me for my Openhouse Farewell in appreciation of your support, it will great to see you all again one more time before I go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment