This morning as I woke, hoping to get up and put on some water to boil for tea, I remembered, there was no water. I went around from faucet to faucet, one in the kitchen, one in the dining room, the bathroom, and finally the shower...no water. No tea, no shower, and barely enough to wash my hands. Thankfully i had just enough in a water jug for brushing my teeth and some to drink. Such is the life when the water is gone...
I called a friend realizing...i needed to shower and wash my horribly dusty hair before thinking of heading to work. After making the phone call, waking up a friend, I heated some leftover Oatmeal from yesterday's breakfast, not excited to have more dirty dishes stacked, drying on the food for the rest of the day.
As I 'readied', with just enough water to dampen my facecloth, I pulled back my filthy hair into a messy bun, and put my overnight kit in my handbag. Locking my doors, and finally asking our guard to get for me a jerry can of water, I headed out~ aha, a shower was soon to come.
After showering, relaxing with a few friends before heading in to work, I remembered last year when I had no water...I had taken water for granted this year up until the last few days, forgetting last year when for about a month we were on water rations of about a basin a day...sponge bathing it was. I think this past few days no water taught me once again to not take water for granted, but to always be cautious with it...the next day there might be no water, not even enough for a sponge bath!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment