Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tonight as I sit here, just having tucked in 4 children for the night, I am humbled by what God has taught me today. This morning as I did devotions, I prayed that God would continue to humble me that He would be exulted to the highest, and then I feel discouraged and am ungrateful. God is so good, keeping his word, granting us our requests, and even than we don’t even acknowledge Him for His goodness, protection and tender mercy. What a lesson that is to me. This week so far has gone so quickly; Monday I was busy the entire day with appointments, and what a joy that was, I really enjoyed getting to know those whom I visited, and treasure that time spent with them.
Today, I had ‘my two girls’; Leah-5, and Hannah-3, of whom I was a nanny for a few years back. We spent a few hours together and had a lot of fun; but all good things must come to an end!! Well, that’s not entirely true; I have enjoyed the many steps of Support Raising. I stopped by my friend for a short visit, and used her printer, to send out a letter to my contacts, then headed to my favourite coffee shop in BC- Decades!! I spent the next several hours there, answering emails, making phone calls, doing ‘admin’ work, all part of Support Raising. And now, I am babysitting the girls I spent the morning with, as well as their 2 younger siblings; Seth-2 and Jessica-1. Tomorrow I hope to spend some time caring for my home, and then off to the Support Raising again; finishing the day off catching a coffee with a friend. As I sit here tonight, typing up my blog update, I have thank you cards to put together and mail, letters to mail to new contacts, letters to mail to other contacts, and some organizing of contacts to do on my computer. All’s well ends well!
To God be all glory and honour for this day, and the joys and trials of the day. I am reminded of a song we sing in church from time to time;
“How deep the Father’s love for us, How vast beyond all measure; that He should give His only Son, to make a wretch His treasure. How great the pain of searing loss, the Father turns His face away, from wounds which mar the chosen one, brings many sons to glory.”

While reading through a previous issue of Mission Aviation Fellowship’s Quarterly Life Link; I came across a few articles I would like to share with from the September 2003 Issue.
Care for Uganda’s abducted children GULU, Uganda- Pilot Gerrit Pap flew a World Vision staff member to Gulu where the organization provides care for abducted children after their escape or release from the rebel group that calls itself the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA). A staff member told of a 10-year-old boy who had his fingers, top lip, and ears cut off while with the LRA. The LRA has abducted an estimated 20,000 children during its 16-year conflict with the Ugandan government. It brutally beats the children, and then forces them into slavery.

Helping the blind in Chad N’DJAMENA, Chad- Canadian MAF pilot Kalvin Hildebrandt, of Abbotsford, BC; flew a team from Christian Blind Mission to monitor the mission’s programs in Chad. In Garoua, they visited a project that helps disabled people become self-sufficient through small businesses. From there, Kalvin flew the team to eye clinics and hospitals in Ngauondere, Maroua and Koumra. Blindness in adults severely disrupts families as employment income is lost and children drop out of school so that they can help their families survive. Children in Chad are often seen leading their blind parents through the towns to beg for money.

Mission Aviation Fellowship exists to demonstrate God’s love through aviation, communications and logistics to meet spiritual and physical needs. Our vision is that all people have access to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the resources to meet their needs.
In the first article of September 2003’s Life Link, Marianne Vanderboom left a life she knew well; to spend a year in one of the most remote parts of the world; where she knew life would be difficult. Marianne recalls; “I knew instantly I had to go and help out. I fought with the Lord about it for over a week, but I knew what He was telling me to do.” As she looks back at the school year she spent in Nabire, Indonesia she says; “I learned a lot- about the Lord, about the people, and the world in general. Most important was that I learned I can trust the Lord.” Marianne encourages more Canadian teachers to serve with MAF around the world, but offers one caution: “If you’re going into mission work overseas to look for adventure, don’t do it. You’ll be miserable. But if the Lord is asking you to go, you’d better go! Further in the article, Marianne tells “As a result of my year in Indonesia, I have learned to follow God wherever He leads. God is a faithful father who always equips us to do the task He has called us to do. Although not directly involved in reaching the unreached for Christ, I was helping make that possible by freeing others to do their jobs more effectively. That was a good feeling.”This is such an encouragement to me. I must do what God has called me to do; therefore I am Support Raising, and am hoping to serve God above all, but the Paps and the African people as well, by freeing Gerrit to fly, and Klazina to mind the many duties of the house as well as her ministry as a Physiotherapist.
This update I typed up last night, though didn't post it until today.

No comments:

Post a Comment